Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Lost

Lost is a good show, keeps you thinking. And even worse, if you're into it, you can't actually miss any episode.
And they always keep everything a secret, the biggest secret about this show would be... when will this story ends?
The writer said he already has the whole story figure out, like what's really going on, how the story ends, etc... But, as long as people are still into it, he will keep stalling...
After finish watching Season 2, I looked at some forums online, and people are so into this show. People tries to solve all the mysteries, they even came up with many theories. Some people try to solve what's behind that numerical sequence, they even say, ooh, there's 4 people lost in that episode, so 4 would be representing that. 4 8 15 16 23 42... they will ends up adding them together, dividing it by the number they saw in the show, and comes up with 108... hmm... nice try, dudes...

So, here's another thing. If you are one of them, trapping on the island, a guy told you to keep inserting that sequence every 108 minutes, will you do that?
I guess I would be pretty much like Locke, will do that, but after a while, I would try not to, and see what will happen. Hmm... I guess... I can't save the world, lol.

And thinking about that leads me to other things. My friends asked me a question yesterday. Will you torture a someone, let say, to save your parents? For me, yes. Although I'll feel sick after that.

Actually, movies, TV shows, they give a lot of impact on people's mind. Like after watching Matrix, you may think we are actually living in a world like that, all controlled by the computers. After watching CSI, you will think, so, next time I need to kill a guy, I will shave myself, burn my clothes after that, don't drive my own car, throw away all the tools I used... hmm... are we crazy? Or just watch too much TV?

No comments: